Do you need therapy but can’t make it to my clinic? Perhaps you live further afield, work abroad, travel frequently or have a busy schedule?
I can help you conveniently and effectively via online counselling.
If you feel you would benefit from counselling but need a time and a place to suit your schedule, online counselling may be ideal for you.
My online counselling service is:
Convenient: therapy is made available via webcam in the convenience of your preferred location.
Confidential: your discretion is assured through the use of secure video chat service VSee or via Skype or FaceTime.
Effective: studies have shown that online treatment is equal in efficacy compared to face-to-face therapy and that satisfaction among clients has been rated as high. There are many ways in which online counselling is similar to face-to-face work as online counselling still allows for important factors such as real-time communication, verbal cues, eye contact, therapeutic alliance and observations of some body language.
How secure is online counselling via VSee?
I prefer to use VSee for online counselling as it’s the first HIPAA-compliant telehealth app that keeps client/patient data secure with 256-bit AES encryption. It is preferred to Skype as its systems allow for a more reliable connection and increased security to ensure your sessions are confidential.
Registering to use VSee is simple and free and I will help you through the process.
Online counselling has many benefits:
- Busy people can access a high-quality service in a flexible way
- You can access help from a location that suits you
- No travel costs or travelling time
- With international access it is ideal for travellers and those working or living abroad or for clients who move abroad during their therapy but who wish to continue the work
- Easy access to therapy for people with some disabilities or mobility issues
- It provides an excellent option if you don’t live near my clinic but would like to work with me
How an online counselling session with me works:
- Contact me to make sure I can help you and book an initial session.
- I will share payment details with you so that you can pay for the session via online transfer or Paypal.
- I will then provide details for us to meet via VSee (or Skype/Facetime, if preferred, although VSee is more secure).
- We each log into VSee at the time of your appointment. I will then call you and your session begins.